Wednesday 15 February 2012

Seeds have arrived - plus two trial packs for me to try

My package of seeds from Shelleys Seeds arrived today, accompanied by the handwritten note from James wishing me luck for the coming season. Also included are two trial packs.
The first is Shallot Zebrune, also known as ‘Cuisse de Poulet du Poitou’, this is a  heritage variety of torpedo-shaped, brownish pink-skinned bulbs from seed, popular for gourmet cooking and stores well - so that covers the kitchen shallots this year.
The second is Carrot Match F1. This is described on Medwyn's website as being from the same stable as Gringo with excellent potential and similar in shape to Sweet Candle, with a good skin finish and good stump end - so looks like I might have to cobble together another carrot box to see what I can do with them..

No comments:

Post a Comment