Saturday 26 November 2011

Chillies and marrows

Well today was the local craft fayre and I had a stall to sell my Spitfire Sauce (a chilli sauce that I have made for the last 4 years) and also a Guess the Weight of the Giant Marrow competition to raise funds for McMillan Cancer Care.
Although my stall was not in a prime location this year, I sold 60 jars of sauce (and I know I can shift the rest with three phone calls tomorrow).
To guess the weight of the marrow cost 50p a guess and I raised £26.00 - not a huge sum I know but every little bit helps.


Anyway, the weight of the marrow was 46.5 lbs and the winner was Sandra Smart from Portmahomack, witha guess of 46 lbs. Sandra used to be impressed with my cucumbers - God knows what was going through her mind when she saw this beastie!

No comments:

Post a Comment